Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Something a little fishy.. Technic Mermaid Glitter

Today I have one of my favorite layering combo's that I've done lately. I was just swatching this, but I loved it so much I decided it deserved to be a full manicure, now of course I don't want to take it off!

Here's a bottle shot of one of my favorite glitters that I used for this.


Technic - Mermaid
Revlon - Black Star & Technic - Mermaid

I got Revlon Black Star from the pound shop, it's a Top Speed polish so dry's pretty quick, it says on the label to just apply one coat and it'll dry in 60 seconds, but I think their lying about that, I just two coats and it dried to the touch in a couple in minutes. I forgot to take a photo of this on it's own, but I can say that it's a nice glossy black with a subtle silver shimmer, it was also a lot less harsh looking than a staight black creme, so if I ever want to wear a black polish on it's on this'll be the one I use.

After Black Star had dried a bit I put on one coat of Technic Mermaid, which is one of the prettiest glitters I own, I thought I better take some photos to show you exactly how pretty it is.



Mermaid's a new polish from Technic, I think it's a limited edition as it seems to have replaced their other amazing glitter polish called Carnival which has now dissapeared, so if you see Mermaid grab it as it might not be around for long.

Anyway, Mermaid is obviously a glitter polish, it's a clear base with large and small hex glitter, what makes it amazing is the glitter, it's blue holographic and when the light hits it, it turns different shades of blue as well as green, it even flashes pink at times. It's so beautiful and I love it so much, I can't wait to use it over other colours.

I should mention that Mermaid's base is quite thick, but luckily one coat is enough to get nice coverage and plenty of glitter. I don't think I'd use two coats as I think it would take forever to dry, and let's be honest, one coat is nice enough!

What do you think of Mermaid, will you be picking up a bottle for yourself?

Cheerio for now,

Heather. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment