Saturday, May 18, 2013

Maybelline Color Show - Polka Dots - Chalk Dust

Today I've got a brand new polish for you, I popped into town the other day and while in Superdrug saw a new limited edition collection from Maybelline. The new polishes are called Polka Dots and are part of the Color Show range, there's four in the collection and I love everyone of them, probably because they are full of black and white glitter which I don't have yet in my stash.

The polishes in the collection all have the same black and white glitter in them but the base colours are different, Shooting Stars has a blue jelly base, Speckled Pink is a pink jelly base, Rain Forest Canopy has a green jelly base, and the polish I'm showing you today is Chalk Dust,which has a clear base so you can layer it over any colour you like.

I decided to layer Chalk Dust over Bourjois So Laque Jaune Trendy (you can see my swatches of it on it's own here), I thought it'd be fun to have a yellow base and I think it shows off both black and white glitter perfectly. It has a mix of four different sizes of glitter, and just one coat gives you plenty of glitter on your nail while still letting the base colour shine though.







I love this look sooo much that I'm seriously considering getting a back-up and maybe a back-up of the back-up! I'm so glad that we're getting some more fun polish in the high street stores, and at such a good price, Chalk Dust set me back just £2.99 for 7ml which isn't bad at all.


As these are limited editions if you like them I'd grab them as soon as you can, when I was in Superdrug they only had one bottle of each colour in stock so it looks like it's gonna be like hunting down Fantasy Fire all over again.

I'd love to know what you think of the polka dot look, and if you're planning on grabbing a bottle for yourself.

Cheerio for now,

Heather. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, nice over the mustard yellow. I picked up chalk dust and love it!

    ReplyDelete